Wednesday, July 13, 2011

To begin with..

Why a blog? #1 my psychiatrist said when I get upset, stop and write for 20 minutes. That is to stop my mouth from getting me in trouble, lol! #2 I used to love to write, it runs in the family. I plan on sharing some of my poetry here! Granted some of it is from elementary school, some from high school, I'll let you know! P.S. I have been out of high school for, 17 years(?).

My passion is photography, that is how I turned my story telling into knowing what is factual. I will do some writing here that some may not like. There may be some of my current friends, old friends, family, enemies, acquaintances, or those I don't even remember that may gawk or read with shock or astonishment.

I always say I have a terrible memory. Do I? When I look at old photos, I remember that event, but only that of those photographs I see. re:went to Disney in 1987ish, I remember maybe 2 events that are not of photos I have. I ask 'Do I?' because I can start at the earliest memory and move forward sometimes with total detail. Is what I remember real or not? Have I misinterpret the memories? Have I altered them in such a way that the only truth to me is the story I tell today, or don't tell people in some cases. If I altered the story, why?

There are stories I know are factual, inside and out. You may ask how? I really don't have any good answer for that. I think that sentence should read: There are stories I feel are absolutely factual.

So, begins: The journey of my life, as I know it!

2 comments: