Thursday, July 5, 2012

Till death do us part

Here is another Poem I am sharing for you to read. As the previous I wrote this many years back in the 90's. It is one of my favorites. I have said the first few lines so many times in my head.. not sure why. I hope you enjoy it!

Till Death Do Us Part

I had more important things to do that day
Until I fell in love with you
You became my surroundings and my life
Then you asked me to become your wife
I guess I should have said yes that day
Cause now your dead, you've gone away
The love between us was growing strong
And then your death came along
I loved you with all my heart
And never thought that we would part
Not like this, not this way
But everyone told me that it would be okay
I should have listened to my friends that day
Cause now I'm dead, I've gone away
I haunt this house with teenage love
In hope that someday I'll find my true love
When that day comes my haunting will be done
I'll be deceased, but I'll be in peace
I won't have to cry or weep
I'll just fall into a deep, deep sleep

                                                        Lory Atchley

No comments:

Post a Comment